The VicksburgFest Music Festival was launched in 1987 (orginally as RiverFest) to showcase both up-and-coming local artists and national acts alike in Vicksburg, Mississippi, to entertain our community. Tapping into our rich musical heritage where blues and rock has deep roots, thousands of festival goers from all over the country will converge and participate during an exciting 2 days in Historic Downtown Vicksburg.
Weekend activities consists of 2 days of music performances by some of the top musicians in the country and local artists.
The 2019 Event will include:
- Mission: Free family-friendly festival that celebrates Vicksburg
- Vicksburg Idol competition on Friday evening to kick off the festival
- Expanded kids’ activities- bounce houses at River Stage Plaza, Fair Rides at Maragaritaville, interactive STEM learning activities, water safety with Corps-Vicksburg District and more ideas to come
- Juried Arts & Crafts Show to mirror Double Decker Arts Festival
- Food vendors to highlight local restaurants (statewide)
- Beer garden to highlight local brewers (statewide)
- Regional music to highlight Saturday night festivities (performances 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Staging in front of the Old Depot Museum with riverfront backdrop
- Unveiling of new brand—Vicksburgfest—to emphasize the importance of a festival to celebrate Vicksburg and what it means to celebrate life along the Mississippi River